As you probably know, for many individuals, maintaining weight loss poses many more challenges than losing weight in the first place. That’s why we have so many tools to help you with long term success. These include:
- A Support System – ongoing office visits, usually spaced every other week (gradual weight loss) or once a month (maintenance) are the most valuable tool in long-term success.
- Partial meal replacement – many of our most successful maintainers report using a fixed calorie meal replacement (Optifast or other medical weight loss foods) 1-2 times every day.
- Weight Loss Medications – current thinking around long-term weight loss is that anti-obesity medications should be continued chronically. We can work with you to find safe, effective medical options that can double to triple your success rates.
- Medical management – by better managing any related medical problems, we can carefully avoid medications that might cause weight gain, screen for conditions that may predispose to weight gain like pre-diabetes or hypothyroidism, and manage other related conditions like high cholesterol or high blood pressure, or even depression, insomnia, and sleep apnea – the better job we do with these, the better the odds of success.
- Educational Materials – we start teaching you maintenance during your weight loss program. We utilize both our own materials, and the proprietary OPTIFAST Learning and Education Series to prepare you for the real world. But, nothing comes close to discussing your individual concerns with your dietitian. Let her be your guide!
- Meal Plans – maintenance of weight loss is never a static achievement – every day we continue to be faced with new challenges. We can continue to individualize your meal plan, pre-plan for events or trips, or deal with any setbacks with any combination of meal plan, medication, exercise recommendations, or any tools necessary to ensure you keep it off.
We are here to help you achieve long-term success and promise always to support you if there is ever a setback. A maintenance program is the most important thing we can offer you.