Medical Weight Loss Programs in Denver, CO
At CNC, we recognize that each individual has gained weight for a variety of different reasons. A “one-size-fits-all” approach is unlikely to be successful. For this reason, we have always emphasized the importance of an individualized weight loss program.
All patients at CNC receive a customized medical weight loss and weight maintenance plan, supervised both medically and by a Registered Dietitian. We want to work with you to address the lifestyle patterns that led to the weight gain in the first place. Decades of experience have shown us that focusing on these patterns is the key to long-term success.
- 20 Week Treatment Plan: Most patients at CNC desire to achieve the maximum amount of weight loss. To make things simple, the 20 Week Treatment Plan includes all of the recommended medical tests (labs, EKG, body composition measurements, etc.), weekly office visits (one a month with a medical provider, others with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist) and behavior modification lessons. Any of the food plans (below) may be used, although most patients choose an Optifast or Modified Fast program. This program has a fixed weekly cost to simplify budgeting and provides a ~10% cost savings.
- Fee-for-service: You are also welcome to participate in a traditional fee-for-service model of care. This may suit you if you do not require all of the services included in the 20 Week Plan, or if you plan to submit for insurance reimbursement.
Which Medical Weight Loss Program is right for me?
- OPTIFAST FULL MEAL REPLACEMENT PROGRAM: Quick, simple weight loss without pills. Limited flavor choices help control hunger.
Learn more about our OPTIFAST Full Meal Replacement program »
- MODIFIED FAST PROGRAM: Similar pace and amount of weight loss as the OPTIFAST Program, also quite simple. Can use protein meal replacements in a large variety of flavor choices and/or solid protein and a small side salad. Vitamin and mineral supplementation are necessary. Frequently, appetite suppressant medication is used to control hunger.
Learn more about our Modified Fast program »
- ADVANCED PROGRAM: Quick weight loss but with more variety. Emphasizes protein, either real food or protein packets, non-starchy vegetables, fruit and dairy – a great choice for the individual who does not desire a highly restrictive approach.
Learn more about our Advanced program »
- INDIVIDUALIZED PROGRAM: A balanced diet is the best tool for long-term success. It can also be used to achieve any amount of weight loss. Results tend to be less rapid than the above choices, as variety and flexibility are emphasized.
Learn more about our Individualized program »
- LIFE-LONG MAINTENANCE PROGRAM: It may seem premature to be talking about maintenance, but it will be time before you know it! As you probably know, for many individuals, maintaining weight loss poses many more challenges than losing the weight in the first place. That’s why we have so many tools to help you with long term success.
Learn more about our Life-Long Maintenance program »
Weight Loss Medications
- FDA-Approved Prescription Weight Loss Medications: There are currently 8 FDA-approved weight loss medications. These are indicated in individuals with a body mass index (BMI) over 30, or over 27 with other weight-related problems. They improve the odds of successfully losing weight, sustaining weight loss, and improve the amount of weight lost. There are many mechanisms of action between the different medications, but in general they help control hunger.