CNC Fall Weight Management TipsPosted: Sep 18 in Weight Management Strategies by Ethan Lazarus
Thank you to all of our patients at CNC who contributed tips for this month’s newsletter. Our staff has voted, and we have had a three-way tie! The people who submitted the first 3 tips each receive a $25 gift certificate. Keep these great tips coming for our next newsletter!
1) “I like to use my food diary but as a sense of ‘accomplishment’ to myself, I like to write down what I ‘passed up’ during the week – chocolate, donuts, bagels, bread at the BBQ and when I see that I can pass up good foods, I also see the reward when I get weighed at my appointment. Yeah!
Add some low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese to the beef protein soup and it will remind you a little of French onion soup! -JL
3) “I take my son and my dogs for a walk to the park and while at the park I do simple exercises with the park equipment (triceps dips from the bench, step ups on to the bench or playground equipment, lunges and squats, push-up on the fence or bench) and my son copies me. We also challenge each other to obstacle courses with playground equipment and push-ups, etc….. RMM
To cut sweetness in protein supplements, add cinnamon! -JO
5) “Sleep is critical to good health and weight loss. Not sleeping well or maybe you could sleep better? Try out the other side of the bed! I did and it made a big difference in my evening sleep.” –MR
6) “Sugar-free popsicles are a great way to get a sugary fix and have 15 calories and 2-3 carbs. Perfect treat when you have had enough food for the day too!”
7) Recipe: Mandarin Orange Shake
mix 1 chocolate shake mix, 1 can diet orange soda, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and ice. Blend well and enjoy! -JSO
1) Fill Ice-berg lettuce with turkey taco meat and sprinkle with grated cheese.
2) Use drink mix to make your own popsicles
9) Recipe: I love that Salad Spritzer dressing on the can of tuna or chicken.
Wt Loss: Pre-planning is huge for me; sets me up for the day and I just choose from my already determined choices.
Activity: I literally make appointments for my exercise so I remain accountable. –RL
10) “Ever walk into the office to be greeted by a box of donuts or bagels? It can be a shock if you are used to participating and generally enjoy a welcome mid-morning snack. I did the unthinkable. I bought the ‘forbidden fruit,’ and abstained. My theory was that if I did this and did not eat that I overcame the shock factor of finding the treat, did something nice for my friends and colleagues, let them know it was alright to eat in front of me, and validated my willpower. “ -JAM
11) Recipe: Virgin Bloody Mary
In a blender, mix: 1 pkg Tomato Basil Soup Mix, 1 tsp Beef Bouillon granules, 1/8 tsp celery seed, 3-4 ice cubes. Blend well until mixed. Serve in a tall glass over ice. Add several drops of hot sauce like Tobasco or Cholula to taste, and a wedge of lime. –AP