The Value of Weight Loss ProgramsPosted: Aug 04 in Clinical Nutrition Center News, Weight loss by Dr. Lazarus
What is a Weight Loss Program?
In addition to traditional fee-for-service, CNC offers structured weight loss programs. Weight loss programs include all medical visits, registered dietitian visits, labs, EKG monitoring, and SECA body composition tests, bundled together with a single fee. The weight loss programs are discounted significantly vs. performing all of these services a la carte, and include a $100 gift card to be used for food in our store to sweeten the deal.
How Will a Weight Loss Program Help Me?
Losing weight is hard. Keeping it off is even harder. Structured weight loss programs help us think long-term. Instead of worrying about how our weight did this week at this visit, we can think about how our weight has done over the course of the multi-month weight loss program.
What are the Benefits of a Weight Loss Program?
After our first year of offering structured weight loss programs, we compiled data on our patients who had participated in weight loss programs vs. those on a fee-for-service approach. The results were surprising!
- Improved Weight Loss: Patients on a treatment plan lost on average 11 more pounds at 1 year than those on a fee-for-service program.
- Improved Satisfaction: Patients on a weight loss program were 58% more likely to still be participating in their weight loss treatment than those on a fee-for-service program
- Lower Cost: In addition to the cost savings built into our treatment plans, patients on treatment plans lost more weight with fewer visits – on average, 6 fewer visits in the first year.
What Weight Loss Programs does CNC Offer?
We are pleased to offer three different types of weight loss programs:
- 20 week plan: this is a 20 week high-intensity weight loss program designed for the fastest weight loss possible. It includes monthly visits with a medical provider (Dr. Lazarus or Heather Thomas, P.A.-C), weekly visits with a registered dietitian nutritionist, EKG monitoring, monthly lab monitoring, and monthly SECA medical body composition testing. This approach is appropriate for new patients, or patients needing a jump start.
- 24 week transition plan: this is a 6 month program where you are seen every other month by a medical provider, every other week by a registered dietitian nutritionist, and lab / SECA body composition is checked every other month.
- 12 month maintenance plan: this is a monthly program – you are seen every month by the registered dietitian nutritionist and every 3 months by a medical provider. It includes just one annual comprehensive blood draw, an electrocardiogram, and monitoring on the SECA body composition scale.
All programs include a $100 gift card that can be used in our store for meal replacement foods.
If you are interested to learn more about our weight loss programs, please give us a call at (303) 750-9454. We’d love to hear from you.