Five Benefits of ExercisePosted: Feb 05 in Activity Recommendations by Dr. Lazarus
Whether it’s jogging outside or taking a yoga class at the gym, regular exercise offers numerous benefits to your health. As you are working towards your weight loss goals through a medical weight loss program, it’s important to maintain a regular exercise schedule in order to enhance your weight loss results. A person who exercises every day for 30 minutes will notice positive changes in both body and mind.
Here are five benefits of exercising regularly:
- Exercise Helps With Weight Loss. Exercising regularly can help you to lose weight. Whether you’re running on a treadmill or lifting weights, physical activity helps you to burn calories. If you want to burn even more calories, try increasing the intensity of your workouts.
- Exercise Can Make a Person Smarter. Exercise can actually give your brain a boost. Aging can cause you to lose brain tissue, but by exercising regularly your brain will lose tissue at a much slower rate. Physical activity may also help you pay attention better.
- Exercise Prevents Diseases. Exercising can lower your risk of developing deadly diseases including cancer, diabetes, stroke and heart disease. A little bit of physical activity can actually prolong your life.
- Exercise Increases Energy. Regular exercise can give you more energy. Starting out the day with a jog or strength training exercises will provide you with more energy for regular tasks
- Exercise Boosts Mood. A person who exercises generally feels happier than a person who doesn’t. This is because exercise can promote brain chemicals that will make you feel happier. Exercising can also improve your opinion of the way that you look, helping to provide you with more self-confidence.