Top 10 Reasons why Music is better than TV
- Music is a universal Language
- Songs take as long as they take – they don’t have to fit into 30 or 60 minute segments
- Music contains no advertisements
- Evidence links excessive television time to obesity (particularly in kids). It also contributes to attention deficit disorder. No such link exists for music.
- Watching television is associated with mindless eating. This is not true for listening to music. And, it is very hard to eat while playing music.
- Watching TV before bed worsens insomnia and makes it hard to fall asleep. This is not true for music.
- There is no “fake news” when listening to music
- Oftentimes music makes you want to sing and dance (or, see #10). Television makes you want to sit on your derriere.
- Music stimulates creativity. Television dulls it.
- A television in the bedroom has been linked with decreased frequency of sexual activity.
So, ditch the TV and pull out your ipod!
by Dr. Lazarus