CoronaVirus UpdatePosted: Mar 15 in coronavirus, news by Dr. Lazarus
[Updated Monday 4/20/2020]
Your safety is critically important to me, as is the safety of my staff! Our office is open for visits, but tele-health visits are recommended whenever possible.
In particular people at high risk of coronavirus infection (age > 65, hypertension, diabetes, lung problems, etc. – see CDC web site here), please consider a telehealth visit.
We will be folowing these guidelines to keep our patients and staff safe at the clinic.
Current Office Hours
Note that some providers / dietitians are working from home – be sure to confirm prior to the visit whether you have an in-person or tele-health visit. This option is selected at the time of booking.
Please note that we are NOT equipped to treat patients with symptoms of coronavirus. If you have fever, shortness of breath, cough, or have traveled within 2 weeks, please conduct your visits by telehealth.
If you’d like to request an in-clinic visit, please call the office at (303) 750-9454 to schedule an appointment or book on the patient portal. Colorado mandates that facemasks be worn while in the office (non-medical, cloth masks are fine) and that people maintain a 6 foot physical distance from others.
Our on-line store remains OPEN. We are happy to ship any food to you that you need, provided we have them in stock. You can also place an order and pick up during office hours. Visit our on-line store at: store.clinicalnutritioncenter.com.
As a medical practice, we are in the industry of health and wellness. With growing concerns about the CoronaVirus (Covid-19 Virus), we want to let you know the steps we are taking to minimize the risk of exposure to our patients and our team.
All surfaces in our clinic are hard, scrub-able surfaces and are cleaned regularly. None of our employees has visited any of the highest risk areas.
Preventing the spread of Coronavirus
Rest assured that while the Coronavirus is easy to spread without precautions, it is easy to prevent with precautions.
- First and foremost, any sick employees are asked to not come to work. Patients who are experiencing a fever or flu-like symptoms, we ask the same of you.
- Until further notice, we will perform weight at office visits, but will not be doing body composition tests, abdominal measurements, blood pressure checks, electocardiograms or blood draws.
- If you have traveled to any affected areas or have possibly been exposed, with or without quarantine, we ask that you refrain from coming to the office.
- Out of respect for the time and availability of our providers, please provide 24 hours notice if possible to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- As always, we practice regular hand-washing between patients.
- Wash your hands frequently and spend at least 20 seconds scrubbing soap onto your skin.
- Cough into your elbow instead of your hand.
- Avoid crowds and avoid touching public surfaces.
- Don’t touch your face, eyes or mouth. If you do, wash your hands again.
We know there’s a lot of information flying about! For accurate guidance and updates, we encourage you to visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- What you need to know – provides an overview of Coronavirus and a simple approach to prevent the spread. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf)
- What to do if you are sick – provides guidance for the sick person who believes he or she might have contracted the virus. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf)
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 303-750-9454.
Please don’t panic, just be more careful. Your health and safety is our number one priority. Dr. Ethan Lazarus and Staff
For more information on Coronavirus from CNC, visit this link: https://www.clinicalnutritioncenter.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus-treatment-options