5 Super Simple Ways to Incorporate More Mindfulness into Your Daily RoutinePosted: Apr 30 in Activity Recommendations, Favorites, Health And Wellness, Weight Management Strategies by Staff
If you want to live a more joyful and thankful life, learn to integrate more mindfulness into your day. This one simple switch in your way of thinking can have a long-lasting impact on everything from your relationships to your work life. You needn’t go meditate on a mountaintop to live a more mindful existence. Simple changes on a daily basis can cause dramatic shifts in your overall happiness. If you want help becoming a more mindful person, memorize the following five mindfulness tips.
- Mindful people aren’t negative people. If you go through your day judging yourself or letting the opinions of others influence how you feel, you aren’t being mindful and true to your inner being. Negative thoughts are borrowing from the past to influence your future. Remember there is no negativity in the present moment; it is yours to revel in and celebrate.
- Deep breathing exercises can help you be more mindful throughout your day. Make a habit of practicing your deep breathing (i.e. the top of every hour) and feel your mind clear with each cleansing breath.
- When you understand the fragility of life, it is easier to be mindful of the preciousness of each moment. Go through your day living your life with purpose and passion, celebrating your moments with gratitude. You don’t know how many days you have left on this planet; celebrate each day with joy and enthusiasm.
- Don’t be so worried about capturing each special moment for Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, or Facebook. Let the memory of the moment be enough. Allow yourself to experience your daily blessings, without the need to snap a picture or post the event to social media.
- For every action you take throughout your day, think about additional acts that relate to your current activities. Don’t just go through the motions of your daily life, but instead make the effort to be present and mindful of your actions. Feel your actions, don’t just think about them. Be willing to stay in the present moment and concentrate on how you’re feeling. Before long, you will realize how life is much more pleasurable when you are truly present and mindful of your moments.
Incorporating mindfulness into your daily life takes practice and ongoing commitment. It doesn’t cost you anything to be more mindful and the benefits are many. Make a promise to yourself to live in the moment instead of worrying about the past or future. The joy you’ll feel as you become more mindful will leave you wishing you had changed your mental approach to life much sooner.