Latest Diet Book Reviews from the Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsPosted: Oct 03 in Weight Management Strategies by Dr. Lazarus
Have you been to EATRIGHT.ORG? The information for consumers is really fantastic. Here is the latest group of hot-off-the-press new diets reviewed by registered dietitians for the Academy: “Diet books routinely top the best-seller lists, and new diet plans come out seemingly every day. To help you understand which diets are reasonable and which should be avoided, current and former Academy spokespeople have reviewed a number of diet books, asking such questions as:
- What claims does the author make?
- What does his or her diet plan entail?
- Are there nutritional weaknesses in the plan? Strengths?
- What’s the registered dietitian’s bottom-line assessment of the book?
As registered dietitians, Academy spokespeople have the knowledge and expertise to help decipher fact from fad in order to help you develop a healthy eating plan that is right for you”.
- The 4 Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat–Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
Written by Timothy Ferriss; Reviewed by Heather R. Mangieri, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN
- The 17 Day Diet
Written by Mike Moreno, MD; Reviewed by Manuel Villacorta, MS, RD, CSSD
- The Amen Solution
Written by Daniel G. Amen, MD; Reviewed by Angela Ginn, RD, LDN, CDE
- Cinch! Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds and Lose Inches
Written by Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD; Reviewed by Judy Caplan, MS, RD
- Clean & Lean Diet
Written by James Duigan; Reviewed by Dee Sandquist, MS, RD, LD, CDE
- Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark and Live Life Like You Mean It!
Written by Kris Carr; Reviewed by Marjorie Nolan, MS, RD, CDN, ACSM-HFS
- The Dukan Diet
Written by Dr. Pierre Dukan; Reviewed by Karen Ansel, MS, RD, CDN
- Full: A Life without Dieting
Written by Michael A. Snyder, MD, FACS; Reviewed by Jessica Crandall RD, CDE
- The Game On! Diet
Written by Krista Vernoff and Az Ferguson; Reviewed by Joy Dubost, PhD, RD
- Healthy Eating for Lower Blood Pressure
Written by Paul Gayler with Gemma Heiser; Reviewed by Constance Brown-Riggs, MSEd, RD, CDE, CDN
- The Italian Diet
Written by Gino D’Acampo; Reviewed by Melinda Johnson, MS, RD
- Living Skinny in Fat Genes: The Healthy Way to Lose Weight and Feel Great
Written by Felicia Stoler, RD, DCN, MS; Reviewed by Melissa Joy Dobbins, MS, RD, LDN, CDE
- The New Sonoma Diet: Trimmer Waist, More Energy in Just 10 Days
Written by Connie Guttersen, PhD, RD; Reviewed by Vandana R. Sheth, RD, CDE
- Prevent a Second Heart Attack
Written by Janet Bond Brill, PhD, RD, LDN; Reviewed by Ximena Jimenez, MS, RD, LDN
- The Super Health Diet: The Last Diet You Will Ever Need
Written by K.C. Craichy; Reviewed by Deborah Beauvais, RD, CDN, SNS
Most of these programs have goods and bads. Only one could not be recommended by the reviewer. Makes for interesting reading. What kind of a diet book would YOU write? Drop in to EATRIGHT.ORG and take a look!
Tracy Boykin, RD